Monday 25 May 2015

6 Week Summer Body Plan: Prep


So, I've had a holiday booked for quite some time now, but it's only just dawned on me that in just over 6 weeks time I'll be having to don a bikini in front of half of Benidorm. Scary? I think so.

My lovely friend Marco currently works and lives in Benidorm, running a newspaper and radio station with his family. When I was stuck for a holiday he suggested I take a trip to visit him, meaning a bargain break and loads of Spanish sun. At the time I couldn't have thought of a better plan for my July, until I realised that I was no where near ready to hit the sand in my swimsuit!

I think the prospect of stripping off is a bit daunting for all women, and probably men too. We spend 90% of the year covered pretty much from the chest to the knee, but then that summer break comes round and you're getting down to your smalls in front of dozens of people. It's my worst nightmare, but unlike a nightmare it actually comes true...

This year I've decided that I'm actually going to do something about it so that when the time comes I don't feel so self-conscious on my lounger. My plan over the coming 6 weeks is to gradually make lifestyle changes that'll help me to look and feel great when my lovely summer break finally comes. In my eyes by making the changes gradually over a few weeks, I've got a much higher chance of sticking to it and achieving my goals.

At the moment I'm currently around a size UK 12, with a fair few wobbly bits. My aim is to slim around one dress size so I'm back in my comfort zone of the UK 10, and also tone up my troublesome tum and thighs - this is something that I've been meaning to do, and putting off, for quite some time now.

As soon as I get a chance I'll grab my "before" shot (I'll pop it in my next update) and I'll add in a couple of updates along the way, to show my progress! Follow me on my journey and let's see if we can do this together! I want to update you all weekly on how I'm doing, feeling and looking, and I may even throw in some tasty recipes if I get the chance too!

So come on girls (and guys), who's in?

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your changes over the coming weeks, I think doing it gradually is the best way too!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete