Friday 29 May 2015

Stop Being A Sweaty Betty


This is something that I never thought I'd write about, but hey we're all friends here. I'm sure that this is something which we've all stressed about in the past, because let's face it, no one wants to be a Sweaty Betty!

Personally, I've never been one to sweat that badly in normal situations (hot weather, the gym, sunbathing, etc.) but something that does really bother me is stress sweating. Basically I get quite anxious and worked up very easily, and as soon as this happens I get all hot and bothered and sweaty, which makes me more stressed. Arghhhh.

I'm constantly on the hunt for something that will combat this as well as not leave marks on my clothes or white 'pits, which I can assure you is pretty darn hard. For years now I've been that annoying person that sprays themselves with Deoderant every 38 minutes, which is pretty toxic and irritating for all of those around me. I'm constantly carrying sprays around with me, which is annoying if you just want a tiny little bag for a shopping trip or night out, so I thought enough was enough and I went on a hunt for something stronger...

Initially I was after the Rexona (Sure in the UK) Clinical Protection Anti-Perspirant, after Chloe Morello raving about it here, but I couldn't seem to find it for love nor money! Instead, I came home with the Triple Dry Advanced Protection Anti-Perspirant, which judging by the box and instructions claims to work in a similar way.

The idea with this is that you pop a bit of the roll-on onto your underarms before bed, and then the next day you'll be covered and sweat-less, even after showering! Impressive huh? Well as you can imagine I had to give this a try...

This claims to protect against heavy perspiration for up to 72 hours, and once perspiration is under control you can use it as little as 3 times per week - very strong claims if you ask me!

At first I used this just as normal as I was heading out for the evening on a very warm, humid day. This is unfragranced so I topped it up with a quick spray of my Dove deoderant to add a nice scent, and then went on with my day. The first use didn't seem to do much for me and I found as soon as I got slightly stressed (in a crowded place) I felt the need to spray myself again. Agreed, this is more likely to be psychological than anything else, but I definitely didn't feel as dry as the claims. 

The next time I used this before bed, and then topped it up again in the morning after my shower. Again I used my Dobe deoderant to add a pleasant smell, and this time I didn't take my spray with me for the first time in years. This time I really did feel it working, I didn't feel sweaty or damp at all and by the end of the day still felt as fresh as though I'd just showered. 

Since then I've continued to use this in the same way, mainly applying it before I sleep and then topping up with a little bit after I've washed, but this didn't give it a chance to prove itself, so I thought I'd take the plunge and follow the directions instead. One night (when I knew I didn't have an important day ahead), I applied this before bed as usual and in the morning I didn't top it up. I just sprayed on a spritz of perfume after my bath and went about my day. I spent the whole day in and out of shops and a very hot hairdressers, which normally would have got me anxious and sweaty, but in this instance although I felt really hot I didn't feel the need to apply any extra. By the evening I was feeling a bit sticky from humidity, but my underarms were still fresh and dry, and I could've partied the night away if wanted.

All in all I'm super impressed with this product, and I really feel like it's changed my life! I'm not too sure about only applying it 3 times per week, but I'm happy to continue using it as I have been, as that's still far fewer deoderant applications than I've previously used. My team mates at work are also thrilled to now be in a deoderant free zone! 

You can buy Triple Dry Advanced Protection Anti-Perspirant for £6 from here (where it's currently half price until June 1st) or in your local Boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment