Friday 22 May 2015

Garnier Micellar Water Comparison



I'm pretty sure since the original came out it's been compared, in quality, to the likes of Bioderma (something which I've never got my hands on - maybe one day!) Although I liked the original I didn't find it was really suitable for my skin type; it's good for removing make-up but I often found that there was a bit of residue left on my face, meaning that I'd always need to use something afterwards to remove that. So, when Garnier brought out the combination/sensitive version, I was pretty keen to give it a go...

To look at these are identical - they look the same, smell the same and feel the same, so you could easily get them confused! However, I find that on the skin they work slightly differently...

The original version is good at removing make-up but I find that it takes a good few saturated cotton pads to get everything off (and on a day-to-day basis I wear very minimal make-up). I also find that after cleansed my skin feels a little greasy, which gives me the urge to cleanse with something else after. I get that a double cleanse is always best, but there are times when I just quickly want to remove my make-up, in particular when I first get in during the day as I know I'll be giving my skin a proper cleanse later in the evening! The residue that is left really does bother me, and even with a toner after I found that I'd get oily really quite quickly around my t-zone, which meant that this one got pushed to the side for only using around the eyes.

The combination/sensitive version, however, is very different during use. I find that it does the same good job of removing my make-up, in fact I find this to be slightly better than the original, but the product has a cooling and soothing feeling on the skin which is fab for the warmer months, particularly if you're on holiday or have been in the sun! It leaves my skin feeling really fresh and clean, and I'm not left with the same annoying residue that makes me want to go and scrub my face straight after.

There have actually been quite a few make-up free days where I've used just this, both morning and night, as my cleanser, as it really does the job! It refreshes my face, wipes away dirt and grime (AKA oil and sweat...), and gives my skin a slight glow; perfect!

Garnier have even now brought out a Pure Active version, which is designed for oily and combination skin types with spot prone skin. Once I've worked my way through these first two I'll definitely be giving this one a try as well!

If you're in the market for a micellar water/make-up remover/cleanser then I'd highly recommend the new Combination/Sensitive version, as I think it would be suitable for all skin types, although I'm sure those with dry skin would still love the original just as much!

They retail for the bargain price of £4.99 for this massive bottle (400ml - otherwise known as 200 uses FYI!) which I think is an absolute steal! You can pick up the combination/sensitive version here - they're also available in Boots, Superdrug and major supermarkets too!

4 comments:

  1. Amazing blog post !!!

    love your blog !!

    would love it if you was to comment on my lookbook, it's the first one I have ever done https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulXUakyMUYs

    thank you so much :D

    have a wonderful day

    new post ---> http://myroutinesjade.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - of course I'll go check it out! <3

      Delete
  2. i thought the newer version was so much better at removing my make up too, the original was just.....blah. deffo agree about it being soothing too.xx

    www.jesskadenise.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so weird but I know other people say the same, glad I'm not alone haha xx

      Delete