Sunday 17 May 2015

Scents Around The World


I usually have expensive taste when it comes to fragrance - Giorgio Armani, Vera Wang, Chanel - but I'm also a real fan of the perfumes brought out by my favourite high street retailers. For years now I've been buying travel sized perfumes from Next, New Look, River Island, etc. as they're great to throw in your handbag, and you don't mind using them up quickly during day-to-day life.

On a recent trip to Zara there was a massively long queue, so I started browsing around the till area. I was amazed at the wide range of fragrances that they do, and in particular this little set of two really caught my eye. From what I can tell this is part of a summer/holiday collection, and I'm already in love.


I really love the idea of this set - both of these are mini rollerball perfumes, so they're perfect to pop in my bag either day or night. I've really got into rollerball perfume lately, as when you're out and about you don't waste any and it's easy to just pop on to your wrists and collar bone without choking others around you - result!

These are both very summery scents, and although they had both in bigger bottles I didn't want to commit to either until I knew what they'd smell like on my skin (my skin is quite acidic, which makes some perfume smell a bit weird on me...) This meant that these two teeny 10ml bottles were the perfect choice, so I just had to give them a try...

The set comes with the scents "Ibiza" and "Los Angeles":

Ibiza has top notes of apple, passion fruit and watermelon, heart notes of freesia, water lily and oris, and base notes of cedar, amber and musk. This is the one that made me buy the set as it smells really fresh and girly, with just a hint of floral. It's a great day and evening scent, and it lasts pretty well on the skin too!

Los Angeles has top notes of pear, mandarin and grapefruit, heart notes of rose, lily of the valley and ylang ylang, and base notes of cedar and musk. This one is gorgeously fruity, and I imagine this to be great to wear in the day throughout summer. I've been wearing this one to work all week and I've had so many compliments on the zingy scent - you can really smell the citrusy smells of mandarin and grapefruit in this one, and it's so light you can wear it all day every day!

If you fancy giving this beautiful duo a try then you can pick yourself up a set for just £5.99 in Zara (sadly it's not currently available online). I'm also really keen to try out some other gorgeous Zara scents, so if you have any faves you'll have to let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment