Tuesday 31 March 2015

My Seche Vite Virginity


I know I know, a bit late on the bandwagon here right? I don't really know why I thought I didn't need Seche Vite, other than maybe the price tag, but eventually I caved and boy am I glad that I did...


I tend to be very impatient when it comes to my nails, which means I often either have them completely nakey or I apply just the one coat (for both ease and laziness) - let's face it, neither of these options is particularly pretty On those rare occasions that I do make an effort to have pretty hands, I end up with smudges and funny prints in my nails because I've not given them enough time to dry.

After hearing Mikhila rave that this is the only top coat she every uses, I suddenly found both a space in my collection and a need for this. I've heard that it's notorious for being quite hard to get hold of, so I was really pleased to find this on good ol' ASOS recently (HELLO free next day delivery), and so a few weeks ago I finally gave in!

The above photo is probably the third time that I've used Seche Vite now, and I've tried it with a few different brands/colours/formulas to see how it compares, and I have to say that I'm really impressed!

My nails aren't usually terrible for chipping, but I find that nail polish wears off around the tips almost instantaneously, which although it doesn't look messy can be really infuriating. With a quick layer of this on top of any polish I find that I get a good 2-3 days out of my nails before they look obviously worn, which is fab for someone who used to get annoyed after just one day!

What do you guys think? Is this one of your top nail saviours, or is there something else that I should try? You can buy Seche Vite here.


[For reference, the nail polish pictured is the Maybelline Super Stay Gel Nail Color in 265 "Divine Wine"]

No comments:

Post a Comment