Wednesday 29 April 2015

P.S. Love Buys

I'm forever lasting having a gander round Primark, and now that they have an ever growing beauty collection I have even more reason to pop in there for a nose. On the whole I have to say that, for the price, their products are pretty darn good, so I'm always keen to try out some new exciting bits from the P.S. Love range.

During my last trip around town I was really after some new creamy products to transition from Winter into Spring - what with the sudden warm weather of late, I just haven't fancied piling on the different powders! 

I spotted these two and can't help but feel as though they may be new to the range - if not then I can't think why I haven't already picked them up! Both of which were just what I was looking for, so considering the price I just had to give them a try.


The P.S. Love Cream Blush appears to come in two colours - the gorgeous Spring like peach (as shown above) and a much brighter Summer-time pink (neither had a shade name on them). I swatched one in store and it seemed to be quite pigmented, but this one sadly doesn't seem to have quite as much colour. The texture is very creamy and unlike most cream products it doesn't dry down to a powdery finish - this means it's probably not the best for those with really oily skin types, but combo-dry skinned girls should be fine! 

I first tried applying this with my trust Real Techniques Stippling Brush but found that the bristles absorbed all the product, which isn't ideal. I then went in with my fingers and patted the product onto the apples of my cheeks, which gave a really pretty flush of colour! At first it looked really nice, but I did find that after a few hours the product had really faded and disappeared into my skin, although I am a bit of a "face toucher" so that may just be me...

I feel that this would be a good base to pop under a subtle sheeny powder blush, as layering would probably help the product to stay on a little longer. The application (with fingers) was really easy and I found it to blend quite well, so for £2 I'd say it's not too shabby for the price! The really moisturising/creamy formula would also mean you could use this on your lips for a hint of colour, although I'm not sure how long-lasting this would be.

Next on to the P.S. Love Tinted Lip Balm, which I have to say baffled me a bit at first. The packaging says that this contains moisturising jojoba oil and vitamin E so I was expected a really creamy, hydrating product (well, basically I was expecting a lip balm!) However, when I opened this at home the consistency was quite thick and very pigmented - it was similar in feel to the cream blush but with a lot more colour! As far I can tell this comes in three colours - a plummy pink, a red and a peachy pink called "Summer Rose" (as above) and these are just £1 each!

When I patted this onto my lips I realised that this definitely wasn't a lip balm - at the time I had slightly dry/chapped lips and this really clung to the dry patches around the edges of my mouth. So, I wiped it off and started again, this time with a little Nivea lip balm underneath... the results of my second attempt were much better, and I found that this was more like a lipstick than a tinted lip balm. 

After a little play around I found you could either dab this on with your finger and blend it out to a sheer wash of colour, or you could apply with a lip brush like a normal lipstick, to get a more powerful punch of colour. Both looked really nice, and actually lasted quite a long time considering I was drinking/talking/licking my lips, so that was a definite bonus for me. On the plus, as it's a slightly drier formula you could probably pop a bit of this on your cheeks too!

I wouldn't recommend this little one if you're looking for hydration, but if you want a handy little pot of colour then this could definitely be a good contender. My only word of warning is that it does collect on the inside of your lips, so you'll need to get a trustworthy mate to keep an eye on that one for you...

On the whole, these products aren't that bad for the price, although I do feel that you'd need to have a play around with each of these to figure out how they would work best for you. I'm definitely going to try a bit of role reversal, see how these work when switched around for lips/cheeks as I have a sneaky feeling that it might make them more "user friendly", if you know what I mean... *update - I tried this and they worked so well like this, definitely give it a go!*


Have any of you guys tried out the P.S. Love range by Primark? I'm curious for your recommendations if you have any - comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment