Monday 13 April 2015

Spendy, Spendy, Spendy

So the end of one month and the beginning of a next only means one thing for me: SHOPPING! Pay day brings around a variety of treats including a big fat Costa coffee, an evening out with friends, and a trawl round the aisles of Boots and Superdrug. Bliss.

For me this is, believe it or not, quite a tame haul, as there are a lot of what I consider to be "essentials" in here. This little lovely bunch also didn't break the bank, thanks to all the great deals I found on!

Okay, let's start from the top left and work our way round, shall we?...

I recently saw the lovely Kaushal mention this Maybelline polish in a haul video, and I thought that the colour was just so pretty that I had to have it! I love the Maybelline Forever Strong Super Stay Gel Nail Color polishes, and this one is a really easy-to-wear nude pink that I thought would be perfect for day to day use. I've already tried this little beauty out, and I was really impressed with it. I used 3 coats to get a really full on finish, but 2 would've been fine. I had it on my nails for 4-5 nails with no chipping, and I actually took it off before I saw any signs of wear. It comes out a little darker than it looks in the bottle, and has a slightly mauve undertone - really great for all skin tones!

I'm a big fan of the So Eco brushes as they're really accessible and give a great finish to make-up. You can buy them in most supermarkets and Boots/Superdrug, but I always pick mine up in TK Maxx as I get the best bargains there! This one set me back just £4.99 (wowzers) and has a really soft, fluffy feel. If you're thinking about trying these guys out then I'd definitely recommend them - I've got a couple that I've had for over a year now, and they've survived travelling, washing and my day-to-day heavy handed use, and they've come out looking pretty much the same as when I bought them. I love a bargain, I do.

I've been using the original formula of the Garnier Miceller Water since it was launched, and although it's great for removing make-up, I find that my skin gets pretty oily after I've used it. I've therefore stuck to using it purely to remove make-up before going in with a cleanse. When I saw that they'd launched a Combination/Sensitive version I pretty much squealed with excitement - there are so many days that I'm feeling lazy and not wearing much make-up, and this will be perfect for having a quick freshen up in the evening before bed! I haven't tried this yet, but if I like it I'm sure you'll be hearing more real soon.

I'm a really big fan of the Nivea In-Shower Moisturisers, and this is my third or fourth bottle now. Each time I get one I've tried a different scent, and I think that this might just be my fave. This stuff is so great in the mornings if you're in a hurry as you can just slap it on, rinse it off and then skip the moisturising (amazing if you're running late!) I tried this out yesterday and the formula is pretty much the same as all the others, but the scent lingers for hours afterwards. This is the Honey one, and it's got a lovely sweet but wearable fragrance which wouldn't interfere with other lotions or potions, so I'd really recommend you giving this one a go!

I currently use a Clinique moisturiser, and while I'm pretty happy with the results, it is quite pricey. I've never been able to find a cheap moisturiser that works for my face, as my skin is quite sensitive and prone to breakouts and can get really oily (particularly in the summer months). I've tried a couple of others from this range, and they've been okay but nothing to really rave about, so I'm hoping that this guy will be the one that I keep going back to. Watch this space...

L'Oréal has always been a go-to make-up brand for me. I'd seen these Smokissime Liners in a few videos and posts recently, so I thought I'd pick myself up one to give it a try. I've used this about 3 times already and I can honestly say I love it. It's such a quick and easy method of smoking out your make-up, and it seems pretty fool proof. I have oily eyelids and I found that this lasted almost all day at work without creasing up. They do a brown and a black version (I went for the brown) meaning you can change it up for day and night. I have a sneaky suspicion that this may end up as one of my April faves ya know *spoiler alert*.

When it comes to my hair I'm not overly fussy with the brands and products that I use - I just like a nice cleansing shampoo and a nourishing conditioner, but other than that I tend to just grab whatever is on offer! I found this Garnier Ultimate Blends treatment in Tesco (of all places) for a really great price (I believe it was £2.33...) and as I was in the market for a new deep conditioner, I thought I'd give it a go. I've used this once and oh my goodness I love it. I use deep conditioner in place of a normal conditioner at least once a week (usually twice), so I only left this on for about 30 seconds, but it left my hair super smooth and soft and the honey scent lasted all day. I'm really impressed so far, so much so that I'm considering trying out the shampoo and conditioner from the line too!

Everyone and their dog harps on about how amazing the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish is, so I thought I'd give it a go. I haven't cracked this open yet as I have a teeny bit of my good ol' Soap & Glory cleanser left, but I have to say I'm quite excited to try this. I love the really natural scent, and if it does what it claims to do then I'll be more than happy.

Last but not least, as Boots was doing 3 for 2 on all make-up (hence the nail polish and eye liner purchases mentioned earlier...) I thought I'd hunt down something a bit more Spring/Summer appropriate for my face. I'm a big fan of the NYC Sunny Bronzer (hello cult product) but fancied a change for once. This is the Bourjois version of the Soleil Tan de Chanel which is way out of my price range. I've tested this out and I wore it all day earlier this week and I loved the finish! It blends out really evenly, lasted really well on my skin and had a natural golden glow to it which is perfect for the warmer months (or days should I say, I do live in England after all!) This is quite heavily scented, so if you're not into that then you might not get on with this, but I was seriously impressed, and I may even be converted. Who'd have thought it.

So there you have it, a brief (?) overhaul of what I've been buying lately. Have I missed anything that you think I just have to try? Let me know below...

No comments:

Post a Comment